How to File a Property Division Lawsuit

Property division lawsuit

If you want to receive your share of the property, you can file a property division lawsuit. The court will determine the value of the property and its size. If the parties cannot agree on the value of the property, the court will appoint a partition “commissioner” to make the determination. Additional commissioners may be appointed if a party requests it. If the judge finds that the value of the property is too high, a jury trial may be necessary.